Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So I just got back from work at 9:30 pm and it took half an hour to walk home so I got home at 10 pm and the sun is still out! I am really happy that I am working some nice long hours. I have been snacking on food all day so I didn't bother eating a real dinner and instead ate pepper jack cheese-Yum! 
Okay, so funny story of the day... 
Cherish was running errands after work and ended up leaving her keys in the apartment and locked herself out. So she called Maria who was staging downtown and asked if she would drop off her keys so she could get back in the apartment. Maria was headed down when she was called to pick someone up and transfer them to a different dock. Cherish did not know this so kept on waiting outside for her at the Red Dog Saloon (it was the second time she had been waiting outside today). After a bit a man who was a bit testosterone happy and working inside came out and asked if she "was lost" because he had seen her out there awhile. After he proceeded to "hit on her" as Cherish put it. Then left and went inside but then came back with a free coaster with his name and number on it. Ooo la la. He was inviting her to a Fourth of July party  with lots o' booze when Maria showed up with a van and keys and saved her yeah! Maria was the knight in shining armor :)
Today I was supposed to do three transfers with Japanese people and I had studied the night before with Cherish and had learned to say "Good afternoon. My name is Heather. I do not know any Japanese. I am sorry." and "Welcome back. Did you have fun" and some basic words all in Japanese. But when I arrived at work I found out that I no longer was scheduled to take these people out :( Sad, but oh well.
Last night I went out to eat with Angelica, Suzette, Maria, Jordan, and Nick at the Baranof Hotel Bubble Lounge where we get a 50% discount as local employees for HAPA. I had Halibut and chips for the first time and it was tasty. I love fish. My goal it to try a bunch of different seafood stuff while I am up here. Ummm... I am tired.  I have work tomorrow at 5:30 am and I must leave half an hour early so I am going to bed now. Good night. 
Oh yeh! Today we rented "Hello Dolly" from Blockbuster (they have a much smaller selection BTW) and I am so excited to watch it soon :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment