Thursday, July 2, 2009

Well today has been another pretty normal day. Today I took my first group from the Baranof to the airport. They were from Arizona and gave me the only tip I got today. The rest of the day I had three minute transfers from one dock to the other for the zipline and the steamboat tours. Then I ended my work day with a Mtn Zip and Glacier tour. This was a family group of six and I loved talking to them. The mom was a nurse and the dad was a doctor. They actually met while working together in The CCU.  They have been married for 26 years now yet they said it seemed they had only been married days. They were so cute. It is nice to see couples with families still sincerely and openly showing love to each other. Most of the folks I drive around just talk about going to the bars and how they want to "eat, drink, and be merry." 
After work I was able to catch a ride home and then walked to the Senate Mall to pay rent and then to the thrift store to buy white shirts to tie-dye at the work softball kickoff party. I walked all the way there and guess what?!?! It was closed! So I walked back but took my time and stopped in the Capital building and gave myself a tour, went into the health foods store to look around and decided that eating that food wasn't worth the price, stopped in the Alaska Fudge Co. and talked to Wendy (who is in my branch), then went and met another girl who is in my ward but I still can't pronounce her name right so I won't bother trying to write it... Then I went home but not for long :) 
Cherish picked me up across the street from the Red Dog and drove me to work where the party was. I had a blast making a tie-dye shirt (I used one that I had brought up with me). Eating BBQ hot dogs and talking with coworkers. Some of us came back to the apartment then turned on "Hello Dolly" and that is what we are doing now. So with that being said I am going to enjoy the movie now :) Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment